Ever since I went to Honduras for the first time in 2006 and saw Jesus in the face of kids in poverty- I was in love. The warm, welcoming culture, the Spanish language, the food- I was taking it all in. But I soon realized that my romantic image of saving the world on a mission trip was over-simplified and kept me from truly learning all that I could from the people. So, this summer I'm spending 2 months as an intern with Project Transformation in Honduras, staying with Rey, Elise, and Elijah Diaz. I am excited to be challenged in my faith, to fall more deeply in love with the Honduran people, and to learn to know God in the midst of suffering. Join me as I embark on my journey! Oh, yeah. I'm also 19, in college at Seattle U, majoring in International Studies... you get the gist of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment